Friday, November 30, 2007

The workouts dint workout…...yet.

Survived almost an year without a mirror. Yes i did .Earlier (@ home) it
Was all-around shouting “KC” u have put on some kilos and there, I run to walk. The next day it says “oh dear so perfect u look” and I stop walking and wonder why were those idiots calling me fat.
Recently me and my roomy- Archy went and bought a half length mirror .Fortunately unfortunately it turned out to be a fallacy, as in the images look smaller than actual size. Hence even now we rely on Pantaloons /Lifestyle/OfficeLift. And they show the bitter truth. Time to do something.
Nothing can stop me from eating chocolates, sweets and all that junk. So we decided hmmm….not exactly “decided” just went and joined a Gym “Fit buzz”.


It’s all high tech in a posh locality, very near to the not-so posh locality, my apartment.Along with me joined Deeps and her friend (really lean people .They both add up to me.)

The first day, a new lady instructor volunteered to design my workouts. She asked me to try treadmill and then cycle and other such equipments with minimum effort levels. While Deeps instructor was very tough. Hehehe it should have been the other way round.

The second day I asked to change my instructor and got Deeps Instructor ( DI- since I don’t remember his name) .Gosh!! He made us workout beyond our limits and if we tried fiddling around with the settings he multiplied the speed limits. Within two days of attendance DI wanted to know each and every detail- where do u stay?, where r u from?, do u stay with ur parents ?, I am from Mumbai, I lost 25 kgs in 1 week.. blah blah……flirtuuuuu!! Who cares how many kgs u lost in wat time, wat I care is about how many I can loose.

Third day I got my old lady instructor (LI- I don’t remember her name either ) back, probably nobody there told her that I wanted to ditch her .Even I kept quite and thought lets continue.

Now starts the “War of the I’s”.DI’s classroom had all the thin girls , while LI’s kitty is filled with ppl like me .DI makes them do stretches, LI makes me do double stretches and more Abs…poor me .Their professional competition and we are the losers either ways. After all LI is new to the gym hence she needs to prove herself through somebody.

After long time we got the pleasure of bunking.

Of 20 days, I have attended only say 10 days. Now before anybody tries to make me realize that those 6000 bugs are being wasted, I have explanation. Fit buzz staff had holiday for that Diwali weekend. The next weekend my mom came so the “obedient daughter” needs to spend some time with her. Later Dad came. Once again the “obedient +caring+loving+etc” daughter needs to meet him, travel all the way to drdo colony and socialize. This consumed another few days. The next weekend was the big event “Hyd 10k run “(Sunday) ,need to take rest on sat as per “law of conservation of energy”. Skipped Monday which came after 10k Sunday .We thought must have burned enough calories and the body needs some rest. While the bunking story and self consoling explanation continues, we happen to try some spa facilities provided by them for “free”.
It’s like buy the tires for 4 lacs , with that the car is free.

All about gym no mention of the equipments .not fair! not fair!.
It has four Treadmills , 2 bikes , one stepper , a Rotex , (- all Cardio)& leg press , which I have tried .While rest which others have tried are abdominal crunch , leg extensions, leg curl , chest extension & dumble in all shapes and sizes .They all belong to the class of “Technogym made in Italy”.

My favorite is Rolex though it terrified me with the heart rate reading which varied from 0.00 to 170. Lately found I wasn’t holding the conducting plate/support properly.

The so called free spa offers Sauna (A sauna session can be a social affair in which the participants sit or recline in temperatures of over 80 °C (176 °F). This induces relaxation and promotes sweating.) , Steam and Jacuzzi (whirlpool bathtubs with water jets.)

We have tried Sauna which is a small wooden chamber near the locker rooms. The Locker room + Sauna chat session with Deeps resulted in eye-opening gyaan on something. No revealing of locker room chat here.

Now the big question did I loose any weight .Yes, around 1 kg …..haah it wont even take a day to gain it back and that day is gone.

While the bunking still continues……………………..

12 comments:

Sastry said...

waiting for the next blog on LockerRoom Chat!

Unknown said...

Wooowwww!!! cool one shilpa....I atleast know for sure that these blogs will 'Workout'!! even if your workouts didnt seem to have worked out as of now ;).....but i guess where there is a will there is a way!! so carry on the bunking!! oppps! sorry i meant carry on the workouts and 'something or the other' will certainly work out...i guess u understood what i EXCACTLY meant...Coollll keep it up!!:)

Siri said...

kya re..u ppl want to loose weight n me trying so hard to put on some...kuch how to put on weight par bhi likho

Vaibhav said...

hmmmm...Nice one but i guess u missed out "DI shouting at you"......

Junta ask her y he was shouting...

Shilpa said...

(Sastry) is there a ladies only blog?naah so ,no posts on locker room chat.
(Shilpi)..Thanx .Yeah i very much understood what EXACTLY u meat. That purpose is served in evening session of the gym.

(Siri)Why do u need to join a gym to put on .Stay with me for sometime, u will leran the trade secrets.

(Vaibhav) i wish DI had shouted...he was just trying to be extra smart.

Prasanth Kumar Diddi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

LI is using Shilpa as a 'guinea pig' .....ok no no sorry 'lab rat' (sounds thinner ;) )
@Vaibhav-i dont think shout is the word...my ex-instructor more like GROWLED. we both got so shit scared we went back to our respective workouts.
@ sastry & prasanth -keep waiting/wanting locker room chats remain in the locker/sauna room...

Shilpa said...

(DP) ur comment has been deleted :P and the reply wud have been..i think u already knw..get lost!!
(Deepti)u answered their queries good.
"my ex-instructor more like GROWLED. we both got so shit scared".
DI is still ur instructor right ...wat is ex?Naah i dint get scared of that growling DI.Watever now a days he is really thanda

Mansi said...

Too good dear !!! Even if u arenot improving in ur gym session, u r improving on ur typing. Very few spelling mistakes n we cud figure out the meanings as well this time... :)

On a serious note, u r a wonderful blogger... keep bloggin...

Shilpa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shilpa said...

@Mansi Thanx da..Even if I write junk, I know u will appreciate, tujhe mere tarrif karne ke bimari jo hai.
And regarding spell mistakes u guys used to chat with me at night 12-2 tab mein neend mein hotee hoon ..and u know the in that state such hilarious typos i used to make :D

Note: I have just deleted my above reply to u, as it generated a controversial typo

Vaibhav said...

http://thewrongadvices.com/2007/03/11/blogging-is-harder-than-you-think/


have a look at it once.....