Tuesday, November 6, 2007

This shouldn’t have been my first post

“Madam Apaka Dost Gaya” said the security guard of my office when I entered the galli towards foo (old office building name) with my eyes wandering left and right searching for buddy.
I was wondering...did any of my frens asked him to convey this..to me ? or did I asked somebody to wait…none

It only took a fraction of a minute to realize that he was taking about "Rocky" a growing pup in the vicinity of foo….me once again clarified…..”Dost gaya matlab?”
Woh mar gaya Madam” he said….a strange feeling creped in me (only for a moment)…the same way I felt some 7 years back.

Rocky, contrary to his appearance (lean chap) was a peppy pup .Adopted couple of months ago. Eventually rather obviously we became friends to him.

Almost every day I used to meet him during my to&fro travel through those narrow gallis with all possible vehicles, to office. Jumpy creature he was. Always pouncing & wagging his tail. Peeping with his innocent eyes, towards the corner of the street. Well I am not that lucky :), he welcomed almost everybody in similar way. That’s what all pups do/need… attention & love. But poor guy was often tied up and left alone.

He looked shho shhweet (cutie pie) when sleeping .However when eating food….he meant only business “stop cuddling me u humans!!..cant u see i am busy eating .do not disturb” his facial expressions conveyed.

For couple of days he wasn’t seen at his usual places (tied to the gate of his owner’s house, or to a bike parked or to a tree opposite or roaming happily on the road without chain… yes have seen him free once.

In the recent past, when I and my team mates were going to new office building to submit some papers , I saw him lying all dull and inactive. He had flies all around , probably he vomited. I dint go near him. But once all my friends were gone, I went back and patted on his forehead. No response!.Surely he wasent well.
I thought he must have eaten grass =Dogs usually eat grass to vomit out the junk =.
The very next day he died..appeared he had consumed some poisonous stuff.

7 years back.
I was returning from school walking diagonally through the huge park towards my home. After reaching my building my eyes wandered all around.i called out sonuu..sonuu!! .one of my neighbors responded “Apake dost gayee”,
A bunch of street dogs attacked my cat.



Yesterday in the middle of night one of my college friend messages me “Hey we gotta a new pup and a kitten :) "


We all are part of the food chain. :)

THE END.






.

15 comments:

Sastry said...

http://outaordinary.blogspot.com/2007/11/blogging-costly-hobby-for-companies.html

Sastry said...

nee sunaka prema bangaaram gaanu

Manasa said...

gud shilpa....very interesting and very impressive :(

Shilpa said...

Sastry ....its just a post ...no emotions attached :P

Thanks ...Manasa i knew atleast u will appreciate.

Vaibhav said...

"Madam Apaka Dost Gaya”..I will tell u why this has happened......

e jiskisiko hai/bye bolti hai..woh dusrehi din tapak jatahai :P

Vaibhav said...

So..junta beware don't even show ur pets photos to her.....show at ur own RISK :D

Shilpa said...

Vaibhav i knw there are three such similar incidents (havent mentioned the third one here).But they all are related to stray animals.
Plus that is just coincidence.
Have said hi/bye to numorous pets since then :P

Vaibhav said...

I pity on rest of the pets :P

Siri said...

achi hai ..kuch hum, the poor humans souls ke bare me bhi likheye kuch :)

Vasu said...

hey Junta...atleast..now...we need to start ASHA as soon as possible....work...towards..ASHA..to save pets...

Shilpa said...

Thanks for the support Vasu..one thing is sure...my blogs are no longer going to be public ..no more campaigning

Abhinaw Sachan said...

Nice blog entry, very smooth. But yeah, I agree that This should not have your first post". But in the end, a much better first post than mine one :-)
--->
A question followed by a request:
Q1: Whats this kluelessdong !!

R1: Please don't say hi/bye to me :)). I want to live long :-)

ajit said...

achha bolg hai.......but i'll say pet lovers wud hv enjoyed it more........title of ur blog misinterprates the content, it can be a first blog..........its quite informative like info regarding dogs eating grass to vomit n stuff, nice to know.........its pretty tragedic though.......

Shilpa said...

(Abhinaw) Yeah this shouldn’t have been my first post that’s why the heading
Will write another Blog on why "Kluelessdong".
I usually don’t say hi/bye to humans so chill.

(Ajit) Thanks ...Well i still feel this shouldn’t not have been the first blog ..as i am positive person ..Dint wanted to start blogging with death of a poor pup :( But couldn’t stop myself from writing.

Anonymous said...

Nice post...or i should say a touching one....