Saturday, February 6, 2010

Har Ghar Kuch kehta hai


And nostalgia seeps in .
Hyd home bound good-bye was already pending and S’s moving-on post below has rubbed the yearning yet again .

"A month and a half to go before I leave this place. Will miss each and every little moment I spent here. Right from the moment I walked in and was swept off my feet by this place to the times I have spent in my Balcony overlooking the dimming city lights and incoming morning at 5:30 AM! But most of all I shall miss all the time which I spent with the two most awesome roomies possible on the planet! The goof ups, the cooking and finding the mobile inside the fridge!! :D”
 
I said - "so much more will be missed the cap-less bottles , Victoria secrets ,
Tarot cards , shopping regrets 
Gossip sessions , cooking lessons
Chicken curry ,  pudina paneer
Scramble egg, chair pegs
Movies , books thrill
Internet and Electricity bill,
Long RV walks , beside the swimming pool talks ,
…….. the book- shelf will be empty without you , so will be our hearts.
btw , you forgot belan in fridge"
                                                                                                  
PS0: Yeah, our "cold" fridge has seen it all :)
PS1: FB  must provide export-thread-to-blog option, na ?
Indeed time flies . It has been over 10 months since I left Hyd, since I left my old-self  to be a new-self which again will eventually fade away.
I graduated from that clumsy 2 bhk to a  furnished 3 bhk .From  that bloody psycho *&^%$# owner who never returned the advance to the one who never bothers to a ping us for Monthly rent.
Well ,I don’t exactly miss much .Frankly speaking  my memories are too faint to miss anybody or anything for that matter .But its that moment when people bid adieu - a sinking feeling quietly oozes in.
But as they say people make places . I will always cherish the multi – lingual , multi-cultural, multi- cuisine , unify-friendly experience i had /have with my  UPite ,Andhra , Marathi ,  Bong and Tam roomies .And if you leave the origins apart it was and is a family away from family .

S stayed for few months and is a ribbon friend from school days .Amidst all cooking ,school revamp  ,skype-ing, girly fun , chatting , partying, wedding preps and packing  ....we forgot that the only photo we clicked together is in lacy corsets!

I know you loved the home more that us :P, drama queen!
But the tears shed and the bye-bye hugs  definitely were , as emotional as the ones happening  on your bidai . 
I say,  there was more drama going inside than outside :)
 
She completed, bonded  us and  the home together .
Now , some random left out papers, empty cosmetic bottles fill the dreaded silence of that room .Tomorrow the maid will clean that as well.

 
PS2: Sayonara .

6 comments:

Ludwig said...

Hang in there. Empty house syndrome happens to the best of us! Now coming to the most important part of the post...

> the only photo we clicked
> together is in lacy corsets

Koff, koff. Really? :P

Shilpa said...

@Ludwig :
That syndrome echoes in emptiness.

Yeah.See,inside every good girl resides a sexy model , who needs to be catered at times :P
So,stop running the imagination wild!

Sharbani said...

My last day as a bachelorette in Bangalore... I keep going through this blogpost again n again. Though I read it earlier, was too overwhelmed to reply. Yes- you are right! I will definitely miss the house the most. Cause for me it was so much more than four walls. It meant having a placeof my own for the very first time, shunning away all the uncertainities and confusions of the past and waking up to a fresh bright and beautiful today everyday! It meant a solid ground..even on the ninth floor! I hated the noisy flyover in the beginning though... Now the sound seems to be absent when I look for comforts of sleep. Sleep evades me- untill I strain through the blackness of the night for some far away bus or a bike to remind me of that sound. And comfort finds me again...
That house was not just three people in seperate rooms- It was three people squeezing themselves on to a single slab to cook, sitting on a sagging bed to battle over the (completely off) choice of channels and also bout the pink and yellow stickies to be found each morning and evening :D
Lacy corsets..hmm..will let you guys know when the next GI sale is on.. It will give some more food for thought for the 'Ludwigs' of the world!
The house can never be empty! It has too much sunshine and laughter filling up the rooms. All that is needed is another person to fill it up even more! About me- I can never say Sayonara.. it will never be. I will keep comming now and then- and in my thoughts I shall visit everyday!

Shilpa said...

@Mishti:
You could written a post as well.
Seriously , your comment completes the farewell post . I missed out so many things –sagging bed, squeezing over the slab and those post-its still hang on the shelf with messages .Yeah , Lacy corsets have taken away all the lime light :P We are waiting for the sale .
This is totally your “mayka” , keep visiting .

Abhinaw Sachan said...

I am sure your flat-owner will be totally frightened if he gets to know your affection for home. He will not renew the lease and will kick you all out of the house for sure :D

Girls are always like this..stick to one boy, stick to one home, just one photo.......you should have clicked some more, put them on voting, we would choose the best click :D :D

-- Abhinaw

Shilpa said...

@Abhi: Heh, we love our home and we have renewed the agreement as well.