Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sheetal Hamsa

PS: .(post composed -09/08/08)Shud have released earlier .Would have been more seasonal. Reason for delay-> Samay, waqth and such.

Now this is what u call “ghanghor varsha” . It was frequent some years back , i mean the “Continuous one” (days and nights non-stop) .The frequency of “ Continuous one” executed 3 to 4 times previously and now it has reduced .This time we have encountered only once(Friday evening 08-08-08 to Sunday early morning 10-08-08).

Rains rewind be back to my colony days. I still remember the magnificent cloudy sky over the greeny landscape of the huge park in front of my eyes(notice the rhyme ppl). Come back!

So it s was all "Continuous rain" phase which kept us at home even on weekend. Though I am more inclined towards relaxing in the nest. But that fine Saturday ,the adventurous me decided to venture out in wild. Just me and my roomy’s blue umbrella . An illusion of mild drizzle and a mirage hope of cease fire from clouds at around 6:00 PM pushed me out of the house. Rains+traffic Jams+ a young girl + non-Hyd commuter +dressed up in western +Begumpet/Banjarahills area = are enough for our Hyd Autowallas to demand sky high prizes.
And this is what we do:-
First if the money he asks for is triple the actual amount ,I completely ignore and move on to next.
If the money is ~double .I ask for reasons

Auto wala: “Madam Barish!”
Me: slightly in hyderabadi istyle make him realize that we are aware of the routes and corresponding fares. Then I proudly cote the approx fare and demand for meter.
Auto wala: “Petrol rate bad gaye, uppar se traffic jam Mydam.”
Me: “Uske liye petrol rate sych card hai na. Barish kal se horahee hai to ajj kam log bahar nikalenge , upar se Saturday matlab kam traffic .Agar phir bhee jam hua to mein meter se paise badh ke dungee”.
Auto wala : Now he has no reasons to defend. He becomes reluctant.
Me :It started raining heavily , I gave up in spite of winning the battle , “ok chalo 30(he comes down from 40) to Somajiguda circle”.

Somebody said “ Kabhee ladkoan aur Taxi/Auto waloan ke peechey nahee bhagtey.Ek gaya to 10 atey hain !

Oh forgot to mention for what I was going out –
Hair cut !yes hair cut on a rainy day.
Yes ,hair cut on a rainy day which costs 1000 bucks.
Yes, hair cut on a rainy day , which costs 1000 bucks, to the same parlor to correct my last times disastrous haircut which also costed 1000 bucks.
Yes, hair cut on a rainy day , which costs 1000 bucks, to the same parlor to correct my last times disastrous haircut which also costed 1000 bucks and the disaster happened again.Damn it !

If the boys out there are wondering what is astonishing about cutting hair on a rainy day, here is some gyaan .Rain makes ur hair highly frizzy. Any styles like- rolling, setting etc.. which is offered by default to every hair cut in any ladies parlors, don’t stay. Mind u , that setting doesn’t last longer not even a day.(somebody arzzed- “char din ki chandni hai phir purani raat hai”).Hence usually girls don’t prefer hair cut under such situations. Even now it’s not making any sense to guys ,then stand or stroll in front of any parlor and notice what goes in and what comes out :D

Anyways , after getting slightly drenched we reached the Ferry’s (yes the same place ,where 1000 bucks hair cut happens).Hard luck ,the unit was closed owning to the culprit- “ghanghor varsha”- Continuous one.
The rains furry became more intense .Now what?
We enter a Jeweller shop and kill ½ hour time by spending 200.
We enter another shop -Neerus and again kill time- only 10 minutes. Sometimes it’s nice to be fat -when nothing fits u properly u won’t do a binge shopping, hence can kill time in the garment shop free of cost.
There was no sign of down pour reduction .I entered eatery joint and decided to arrange for the dinner-paw bhaji plus Dosa Parcel.

Enough waiting .Me and my roomy’s blue umbrella decided to start our home bound journey. No Autos, only water clogged roads ,gloomy darkness everywhere and me walking alone on the road amidst faintly lighted traffic lights and ironically less vehicles . Have mercy !!
The umbrella was no longer able to shield me from –"ghanghor varsha". Anyhows with no other option left I started walking/crossing main road . To add to the misery ,I saw road turning into a pool and traffic narrowing to slightly available earthly right corner. I was stuck ! 3 feet water pool in front of me, mad horning traffic behind me and a bunch of idiotically looking guys laughing teasingly , at left corner. Again "lightening stuck.....types"…a generous bus driver came for rescue, he stopped the bus and I immediately hopped in.
And what I saw? SHEETAL HAMSA -When did APSRTC started AC public transport buses? When o When ?

Moral1 of the story : AC buses for public transport. Slightly more cost == less crowd==peaceful travel.
Moral2:Yes, sometimes u must venture out during rainy days== adventurous == fun==dangerous == From some Aamir khans add “ make and learn from your own mistakes yaar ”.

PS1: Look who is taking ?as if I am a frequent bus commuter.
PS2:Arz Kiya hai .......

यूँ तो हर मौसम कट जाता है
बस एक बर्सात का मौसम तेरी याद दिलाता है
यूँ तो जीवन भी कट जाएगा
पर क्या करून, हर साल बर्सात का मौसम तो आयेगा

7 comments:

Yamini said...

You went to Ferrys again for a haircut? Wow, you are becoming a Bandy-disciple. Watch out, else next time in the jewellery shop you will end up spending 20K instead of 200. :).

Unknown said...

hey gal....nice post..sheetal hamsa came some time back but there is just one bus..47 no. wala sigh!! they shld actually take out few more of the same kind...:) u are really brave u actually went to ferry's again...BRAVO!!

Sastry said...

Somebody said “ Kabhee ladkoan aur Taxi/Auto waloan ke peechey nahee bhagna.Ek gaya to 10 atey hain !

Try it once.... kuwari rehjayogi :P

Abhinaw Sachan said...

One question, for the forward journey you used 'We' while for the return journey you used 'We' and then 'I'...what did you do to your roomie while returning back ;-)

PS: Putting the "junk content" in the middle of the PSs was a nice idea, but try some other idea next time, I am watchful now for what to read and what not to :P

PPS: I hope you don't take our verbal and written comments on your blog seriously. hope you not :-)

Shilpa said...

@Yamini: Yes, i went AGAIN. To give them a second chance!.
I cannot afford to be Bandy-disciple :).
@Shilpi:Oh is it? Travelling in Buses is history to me now. Sad to hear they launched just one. It takes me two times to learn from a mistake, hence i went again.

@Sastry: I was referring to the Autos walas..u took totally the other obvious context. But thats (ek gaya to 10 atey hain is true).

@Abhinaw:
This is what happens if u don’t read the post properly. I dint go with my roomy..it was "me and my room’s" blue umbrella. Even if u missed out this line ,so many times i referred "lonely".
And regarding usage of "We" And "I"....Both refers to single me. I like using them that way..that’s writing style.
Another suggestion when u read posts...watch out for the twisted grammar those are deliberate ones....Way to go man..read sum other posts/blog u will get familiar with more such writing styles.
And reg the Junk...See of all my known readers few like to read comments,PS…..others read the content..some luv shayaries,Pics,video & few totally hate it etc..i can’t cater all at the same time.!(though I often try to put a smile or laugh on readers face)
This "my" hobby ....if I always consider others likes and dislikes..originality of the post will be lost. Don’t read if u find it junky. My Take is to inform ppl that i have released a post(wonder why u ppl don’t u RSS FEED???)..later it’s their choice.
U choose to read. I choose to write fair enough?

Abhinaw Sachan said...

My mistake, I seriously missed this We & I somewhere, was lazy enough to go back and check it again, relied upon my junk memory :-)

You killed the humor behind my PS :-(.

But seriously, I am totally "clueless" for your suggestions/preachings/fundaes even after I wrote a PPS specially to describe my stand on your blog !!
Did you not get the point ?? We just pull your leg, nothing more than that.

Ruma said...

Good shipa i dint knew that my umbrella and u had lot of fun!
Always keep my umbrella with u,
"Main na sahi mera umbrellahi adventure kar lega tumhare saath"!!!