Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tiffin bombs

Has Mohini read my post? Mohini “the dabba wala “ aka my food supplier for past 1 and half years.

9 July 1:00 PM , The hungry me (the breakfast devoid one)makes usual call to the security to verify if my Tiffin has come ,
Security guy : "Nahee madam, abhee tak dabba nahee aya"
Me: "Agar aye toh upaar pent house pe bhejh dena."

1:10 PM , I call the source and yell /crib ,why is my lunch not here yet?
Mohini:" Oh sorry ,ajj tiffin nahee bhej payengay"
Me :" Hmm , apko pehale btana chahiye thaa na."

The hungry me (the breakfast devoid one) puts down the receiver! And curbs the hunger with “free” office food . To add to the misery ,encounters stones , long hair while chewing.

Same episode repeats the next day, I call the source again and
Me: "Abhee tak lunch nahee aya mera"
Mohini:" Meine apko bolana , abb lunch nahee bhejeinge hum"
Me:" Lunch nahee bhejeinge matlab?"
Mohini : "Very casually says, ab se nahee bhej paengay, resource nahee hai, sorry ."
Me: Long pause

I felt as if my mom has called me and told “kid I am no longer going to cook for u or feed u.Make/Find ur own way in life.
What puts me off that Mohini dint even informed me regarding this sudden ceasing of lunch supply , rather it was during my daily verification calls I get to know this news in a very casual way.
Why is it this way ,that when it comes to customer care we always try to give our best .But when we are in the customer’s shoes , the vendors don’t care!

As they say “ jo hota hai achhey ke liye hota hai”

I actually started cooking quite frequently before being ditched and also published a post .Later that, kind off helped me to come over the feeling of being a loyal customer yet being ditched !
Have technically learned(amateurish types) to cook for survival years back , it was just that never loved it nor was required to practice it .
However , now we are practising it and I confess, have actually started loving it .:)
Ma & Pa are happy coz I have finally developed an interest for this art and further reduced my dependencies .
Me too happy :d, no wonder we click the pic for every dish.

See and say Yummmm


Click on the pics to see the zoomed version and detailing about the garnish.

Poha, Koshimbeer(the curd thing, raita kinds with peanuts powder), Paratha(guess the Map :P, to me looks like a Stingray without the tail ) , aloo curry, Thalpeeth(pic missing , will upload later) ......what not .

PS1: haha and u thought me writing about the blasts?
PS2:I can expect a bomb squad soon , I often leave the weekend dabba(the typical 3 storey steel one) in front of the flat.
PS3: Can this heading cause me trouble? Whatever.
PS4: My MP3 player has gone for a toss, no music bhoohoooo…already 3 days ,no music.
PS5: Long time no Arzzes ,kada? here u go

इश्क गर शायरी का राज़ होता
तो हर दिल शायर ना होता
मोहबत तो सब करते हैं , ग़ालिब
फनकार कुछही में बस्तें हैं

PS6:Yes , by your's truly , not Ghalib .
PS7: Hehe was typing words and doing ctrl+space, seems like in few days, will switch from Microsoft Outlook to Eclipse IDE to compose posts :D-Occupational Hazards .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Story of a transition from dependent bon vivant to independent cooker
Poha – Big picture: o …indeed yummy…..
Paratha – To me looks something like half india including Madhya Pradesh: P

Yamini said...

Mouthwatering... looks so yummy, wonder why you even needed Mohini ever! When do we have the honour of tasting the scrumptious food?

dp said...

Now you can marry one bakra happily.... :D

Arti said...

hey breakfast devoid one,

tats impressive.. paratha, poha n all huh... so its a good thing tat mohini stopped ;)

Shilpa said...

@Anonymous : yup,i am still a bon vivant.
which half? the upper or lower half.

@MiniY: Thrs twist in the story.As they say "dont go by looks".yeah u will have the honour soon.

@DP:Whatever

@Art : exactly .Thanks heaven she stopped , i rediscovered myself.

Sastry said...

hey hey isnt that parantha in the the shape of australia????