Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hogenakkal Falls and The Hence Proved Story













Finally after a long time ( very long actually) weekend was consumed in a trip to Hogenakkal falls (one of the gravid falls on Kaveri after Shivasamudram)

Facts:Located 187 kms from Bangalore . Take Hosur road and hunt down for Salem and then Dharamapuri on sign boards.

Content:Travel.log file :-

  • Remember to carry license and don’t exceed speed limit beyond 100 on outskirts of Dharamapuri .Vas , the one who is incapable of driving under 140 in terms of velocity was caught red handed and had to shell out 1000 bucks."Saaaar , please saaar , please saaar" *10 times saved him from paying another 500 .
  • Else go in MiniY’s car for a safe ,bumpy-less - fine free ride.But it comes with "You must wear those seat belts through out ."
  • Take somebody who knows a bit of Tamil or kannada for bargain related communication with Coracle walas.
  • We as in 9 of us spent 1700 rs for two coracles, for 4-5 hours of cruising along the wild and rocky falls .
    For a centrifugal thrills make sure to ask the captain of the round (space)ship
    to rotate it.
  • Taste the fresh delicacy of live marinated fish , alongside the banks only.
  • Make sure to take proper footwear , nope !, not sport shoes .Floaters are recommended as you keep wetting your feet when toggling on the rocks .
  • Witness the sight of a local kid diving from a 50 feet high rock .Do pay him 20 bucks :).
  • Sit near the edges for sprinkling splash on face .
  • Be extremely careful and get a firm grip when clicking photos and exploring. We almost For adrenalin rush touch all the atrocious edges in and around the falls .
  • But control the enthusiasm , unless you want to be featured on “I shouldn’t be alive” series on Discovery.


Coming back to the Confessions.

1. I happily after receiving a call slipped my phone in ma pocket “hypothetically”. It in actually got slipped out of the pocket , without me realizing .

We went forward to our respective boats and only on half way downstream , I was alarmed by the absence of ma beloved.My pleading cries to take the boat back to said location made Sreek to give up the act .Luckily the hypothetical slip or fall was witness by the junta walking behind , who decided to see me in panic by revealing it later.

2.Coming back to confessions again . I once dropped my 5 k watch in front of my office gate , with a generous person walking behind and handing it over to me .

3.Heh.la la laa It’s not over yet .What triggered this post was today’s loss. I happily slipped ma office ID in exactly similar “hypothetically” way in ma purse only to realize next day , that it was dropped. And in huge MNC like mine , one cannot even have lunch without the access card.

As one is guarded by angels. A mail comes in ma inbox stating “hello, I found your card lying in the campus please come and collect”.

Remember the Boomerang Theory ? it never ceases to prove itself again and again.(TOUCH ANYTHING WOOD ON THIS PLANET.All you readers touch it now , ok fine pat your head instead).

PS1: Yeah, I have learned the lesson.

PS2: Don’t you dare to comment on my luck , I only know how badly it sucks otherwise.

PS3: The trip was awesome !!! and I simply loved it.

PS4: The tan was worst , and now I know I am kind of sensitive to prolonged exposure to sun. My skin is now shedding(hiss , hiss) and is in worse condition.

PS5: Parallel blogging idea threads often run in mind. But wonder what is keeping the author away?

PS6:Haha look at this post , looks like status update .Duh!


5 comments:

Sastry said...

looks like u forgot to add u r PAN card story? hmmm?

Sastry said...

Okay my bad.. dint observe the link there :)

Shilpa said...

@S3 : And i thought only FB feeds work.Yeah those links cover the previous loss and miracles

Yamini said...

Nice... we expected a copious write up, but this said everything, yet revealed nothing :).

Don't count your luck too much; remember, better to be careful than sorry!

Shilpa said...

@Y : thanks.No luck is what i never count on ..it's only hope with which i live on :D